Shadow Lodge Party Event Rules
Please read the following items carefully before you attend a Shadow Lodge event. These rules exist to ensure that everyone has a fun and safe experience at our events. Let’s work together to create an environment that everyone will want to come back to and enjoy again in the future!
Shadow Lodge is a member-based social organisation dedicated to safe, sane, and consensual spanking play between consenting adults. In order to create a safe event for all partygoers, all play at this event must be conducted within the parameters of Shadow Lodge rules and regulations.
- Spanking and other impact play (e.g., paddling, strapping, flogging, and caning) are the only fetish activities permitted in the public areas of the event.
- While we can’t promise that the top/bottom ratio will be exactly even, we aim to maintain a good balance. Thought gender was irrelevant here, especially if we wanna be supportive to all spankos. <3
- The event-wide ‘safeword’ that will be utilized by all partygoers is RED.
- Ignoring a safeword is cause for immediate removal from the event. Everyone is expected to help enforce the sanctity of safewords. Report any violations to an event organizer immediately. Event organizers can be identified by the badge they will be wearing.
- NO MEANS NO! If someone turns down your invitation to play, be graceful and respectful. Anyone found to be pushing for play or making others feel uncomfortable may be asked to leave the event.
- Pictures may be taken in private spaces (such as reserved rooms or suites) with clear consent only! NO cameras or phone use are allowed in the public areas of the event for the safety and privacy of attendees. Be considerate; partygoers may not wish to be in the background of an image you take!
- Do not interfere with a scene that you are not involved in. You are free to watch at a respectable distance if the scene is in a public area, but do not participate unless invited. If a scene makes you uncomfortable, you are free to quietly step away. If you are concerned for someone’s safety, or a safeword is not being respected, please notify an event organizer immediately.
- All play must occur within the party’s public and private areas, and is not allowed outside the venue’s designated spaces. Remember that the rule of consent does not start and stop in sexual, spanking, and kink related spheres. Partygoers have given their consent to be at the event; the general public has not. Violating this consent may have you not only removed from the party, but also the property.
- While alcohol is not provided by Shadow Lodge at our events, it is permitted in private spaces such as reserved rooms and suites of partygoers ONLY. We do NOT allow the consumption or serving of alcohol in the public play areas! Please keep in mind that this is an 18+ event. It is against the law to serve alcohol to those under the age of 21.
- Public intoxication inhibits the safety of those trying to enjoy the event, especially those who are participating in play. If it is brought to the attention of an event organizer that someone is visibly intoxicated, they may be asked to leave the event.
By attending a Shadow Lodge event, you agree to the above stated rules. While Shadow Lodge is open to all people regardless of race, sexuality, gender, or creed, as a private organization we reserve the right to refuse any person or persons that we deem unsuitable to our social club. Shadow Lodge also reserves the right to refuse entry and to revoke the right of attendance to anyone at any time for any reason.